Thursday, November 24, 2011

'Twilight' Seizures

Breaking: We've found the following reports / forum posts on seizures occurring during filming of the movie 'Twilight'. Note: 'Twilight' has been the top-grossing movie this past week. According to this report, the movie has grossed more than 300 million dollars so far since its release. - Chris Bennett, for The Daily Decibel

WARNING:  VIDEOS LINKED TO FROM THIS WEBSITE MUST NOT BE VIEWED BY CHILDREN. USE EXTREME CAUTION DUE TO THE NATURE OF NUMEROUS REPORTS ALREADY RECEIVED OF SEIZURES THAT MAY BE LINKED TO THE 'BIRTHING' SCENE OF 'BELLA' IN THE TWILIGHT' FILM 'BREAKING DAWN'. ALSO BE ADVISED THAT WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THE FILM 'TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN'. - Chris Bennett, for The Daily Decibel

VIDEO: 'TWILIGHT' FILM USERS REPORT SEIZURES

Click here for the video.

calew91 - 4:02 AM
This film is causing seizures. Period. I am the First Aid Attendant and Projectionist at my local theatre. Before Breaking Dawn, we had not had a seizure or loss of consciousness in our theatre in the last year Ive been there. We have shown Breaking Dawn on 3 screens, twice a night since friday the 18th. In that one week timeframe, 3 people have had seizures during the birthing scene, and 4 have collapsed making their way to the exits after feeling lightheaded. My employers are working on a warning to play before the film, as they have had 800+ incidents of this across Canada.

Veracious801 - 11/23/2011 1:39 PM
On Sunday, I took my 9-year old daughter and 10 -year old step-daughter along with my nephew and sister, to Twilight Breaking Dawn, at the theater at Thanksgiving Point. During the part where the baby is born and Bella suddenly dies, my daughter stood up and with a shortness of breath told me she had to use the bathroom. I then began to escort her out of the theater but she collapsed on the stairs. I picked her up and continued to take her out, but she did it about two more times. I took her out to the hallway where I sat her up against the wall. When she came to enough, she became sick and had to vomit. I gave her some water and she started getting better. However, for most of the day she had a headache, due to what I believe, from her passing out from the blood, death and serious of the situation in the movie. I was hesitant at first on letting them go since I had seen it a few days prior, but I thought she would be okay. In the end she was too young to go and I should have made a better judgement.

kcb22 - 11/23/2011 2:03 AM
My boyfriend (in Roseville, CA) had a seizure during that scene also. No previous epilepsy. Paramedics came to the theater. It was terrifying for me. We are headed to neurology this week. These people are NOT liars.

Scottie1208 - 11/22/2011 2:52 PM
This also happened to me on Sunday night. I'm perfectly healthy and have never had something like this happen. I completely blacked out during this same scene and was rushed to the hospital. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone.

mantimom - 11/22/2011 12:41 PM
WOW, I cant believe this. My daughters went to the movie and came home and told me that someone at the theater had a seizure. That is so crazy something like a movie could trigger something like that. The teen girl had went to the local hospital.

dustyhunter11 - 11/21/2011 11:12 PM
This man is not a liar. My daughter had a seizure in the last ten minutes of this movie. She has never had a seizure before in her life. It was scary and she was in Emergency for several hours while she was being tested. She now has to have an EEG and be referred to a neurologist. I am sure it was the scenes in the movie that did this.

shnasty - 11/21/2011 11:11 PM
My sister in law has a seizure at the exact scene of the movie and she has never had one in her life. A warning should be on this movie.

Source
---------------

Intense ‘Twilight’ Scene Triggers Seizure Reports

ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — A local man says the latest movie in the popular ‘Twilight’ franchise triggered a seizure, and similar incidents have been reported in theaters around the country.
Brandon Gephart and Kelly Bauman said they were watching “Breaking Dawn: Part One” at a theater Friday night when Brandon sudden began convulsing during a graphic birthing scene.
Brandon said he doesn’t remember anything until he woke up on the theater floor, but Kelly said he was, “convulsing, snorting, trying to breathe.”
“He scared me big time,” she added. Paramedics transported the man to the emergency room and the theater had to cancel the rest of the movie for that showing.
Several reports on internet movie sites show reports of other people suffering similar symptoms during the same scene, which contains flashes of red, black and white. Dr. Michael G. Chez, the medical director of pediatric neurology and epilepsy for Sutter Sacramento, said the reports indicate the scene may be triggering an episode of photosensitive epilepsy.
While rare, the condition can be triggered by flashing red lights in people who are genetically predisposed.

“It’s like a light switch going off, because it hits your brain all at once,” Dr. Chez said.

For the Full Report, click Here.

--------

Lehi man says Twilight movie prompted his seizure
Reported by: Noah Bond

The couple watched the movie on premiere night at the The District 20 Megaplex in South Jordan.

ABC 4 talked with several people to ask if they believe this could happen.

"I don't think that could really happen, but I don't know I have not idea," said Rachel Kim.

"I've heard of lights being able to do that, but I don't know I have no idea," Tonya Gardner.

Despite what some think, this man and his wife say their story is true.

The couple says one scene flashes bright light on the audience and the scene is incredibly graphic. That's when the husband, who doesn't want to be named for fear he could lose his job, says this stimulation made him pass out and his body shake.

"I didn't really remember what happened after that I think I blacked out.  According to her, I was shaking and mumbling different noises," he said. SOUTH JORDAN, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A Utah woman claims the new "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" is so graphic, it prompted her husband's seizure.

ABC 4 talked with several people to ask if they believe this could happen.

Despite what some think, this man and his wife say their story is true.

"I didn't really remember what happened after that I think I blacked out. According to her, I was shaking and mumbling different noises," he said.

For the full report, click here.
------------

1 comments:

Ashes1 said...

My husband and I were watching the birthing scene and I noticed he was struggling breathing. We left the movie theatre and he was weak and dizzy. He blacked out. I called 911 and by the time I was asking for an ambulance he was ok. I even made him go to the cardiologist today to test his heart because I thought he had a heart attack . Now I am reading about all these people having seizures during this specific scene in the movie. WOW!