COMMUNICATING WITH A NOISY NEIGHBOR OR A RUDE NEIGHBOR
|Noisy neighbors can ruin things.|
|Lots of us have noisy neighbors.|
Another link: Neighbor Noise Complaint Generator
Source: Niceletter dot com
And another: Apartment Noise Landlord Complaint Letter
Source: Complaintletter dot net
- 'Avoid renting next to noisy neighbors'
- Questions to ask Before You Sign a Lease
- 'How to cope with loud neighbors'
- Landlord Shmandlord
- Questions to ask when Renting
- Neighbors and Noise FAQ
- Neighbors and Loud Volume
- New Jersey Model Noise Ordinance
- How To Use A White Noise Generator
- California Rental Noise Nuisance Laws
- Mediating and Mediation Programs in California
- California Dept of Consumer Affairs
- Search for Municipal Codes
- The Legal Aid Society of Orange County, California
- Search For Noise Laws In Your Area
- 'How To Deal With A Noisy Neighbor'
- 'What You Can Do About a Noisy Neighbor'
- Fight Noise With 'White Noise'
- How to Complain About Your Noisy Neighbors Without Being That Guy
- How To Complain About Loud Music in an Apartment Building
- What To Do When Management Doesn't Act On Complaints?
- Noise Nuisance Complaint Letters from the Elmbridge City Council in England
- Noise Complaint Procedure for the San Diego County, California
- Noise Enforcement in San Diego County, California
|Bruit. Ruido. Шум. Помеха. Noise.|
Often, a noise situation calls for careful and tactful communication with the noise-maker. An important aspect of communication is assertiveness. You might have heard the phrase, "assertiveness training".
Stress Management: Reducing Stress by Being Assertive
IntroductionStress is a physical, mental, and emotional response to life's changes and demands.
Stress is experienced in levels. Low levels may not be noticeable at all. Occasional, moderate stress can be positive and challenge people to act in creative and resourceful ways. High levels can be harmful, leading to chronic disease.
Poor communication is one of the biggest causes of stress at work and home. Being unable to talk about your needs, concerns, and frustrations can create stress. Being assertive helps you communicate without causing stress to yourself and others. Assertiveness is a skill that you can learn and put into practice.
- Assertive communication means speaking up for yourself in a thoughtful, tactful way. Being assertive helps you express yourself about things that matter to you. This reduces stress by helping you feel more in control of a situation.
- You can use the assertiveness ladder to practice assertive communication. Each letter in the word "LADDER" stands for a step in the process. The ladder helps you define a problem, describe it to others, and express your feelings.
- Write out your plan to be more assertive, and get comfortable with it. Practice it out loud so you can hear what your assertive statements sound like.
- To be more assertive, you focus on what you say and how you say it. Using the right body language helps you communicate more assertively.
Last Revised: April 20, 2011
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review: Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine and Lisa S. Weinstock, MD - Psychiatry